One of the most fascinating cities in Himachal Pradesh, Una lies in the southwestern part of the state. You can witness various colorful fairs and festivals that are celebrated at Una round the year. Una is also a nice place to shop, with Jeevan Market, Una, being an excellent shopping hunt. Come on a tour to Una, and you will have an unforgettable experience exploring this charming city.
Places to see around Una:
* Chintpurni Temple :-Â Thronged by several devotees, this temple hosts a 10-day fair during the Shukalpaksh in August.
* Bangana-Lathian-Piplu :- Perched at the top of Sola Singh Dhar, this place offers a birdâ€™s eye of the Gobind Sagar Lake.
* Dera Baba Bharbhag Singh :- Positioned 40 km from Una, this place has the famous Gurdwara which was earlier known as Dera. Thousands of Sikhs visit this Gurdwara every year to receive the blessings of Baba Bharbhag Singh, a saint who established this Gurdwara.
* Baba Rudranand Ashram-Amlehar :- Amlehar is a scenic place, located 40 km away from Una, nestled in the culminating edge of Jaswan Dhar. Besides special celebrations on Krishna Janmashtami, Shivaratri and every Sankranti, a fair is held here every year on the auspicious day of Kushotpaatini amavasaya.
* Dharamshala Mahanta :- Situated 62 km from Una, near the holy abode of Goddess Chintpurni, this religious residence was established by a solitarian Baba Nakodar Dass during the reign of the Mughal Emperor Akbar.
Una has a broad gauge railhead, which links to major cities of the state. A regular bus service connects Una to places lie Chandigarh, Shimla, Haridwar, Dehradoon, Delhi, Pathankot, etc. The nearest airport is at Chandigarh, 120 km away.