After those long days of working the daily grind, thereâ€™s nothing better than a weekend of relaxation at the greens. Here are the top places in the US that any golfer ought to visit.
1. Pebble Beach Golf Resort â€“ Located in Pebble Beach, California with its 18-hole golf course, the resort gives you a view overlooking the ocean.
2. Brandon Dunes Resort â€“ Located in Brandon, Oregon, this beach resort is a Scottish-inspired golf course. It is the perfect getaway for you and your golf partners. Private cottages and four-bedroom suites are offered by this remote Southern Oregon resort.
3. The American Club â€“ This resort is located in Kohler, Wisconsin. It offers four fantastic golf courses including the fabulous Whistling Strait, which gave Wisconsin a landmark on the map for golf trips. A stay to the Midwestâ€™s top luxury hotel gives you the most needed break and relaxation, with five-star accommodations and amenities.
4. Sea Island, Cloister and Lodge â€“ Located in Sea Island, Georgia, this golf resort is delicately designed and developed by two well known golfers, Davis Love III and Tom Fazio. This resort offers a touch of Spanish-Mediterranean luxury hotel accommodation and facilities.
5. The Greenbrier â€“ The site is in White Sulphur Springs, West Virginia. It served as host to a Ryder Cup and a Solheim Cup Golf Open. The course has a long roster of outdoor fun activities such as falconry and horseback riding, aside from the usual recreational activities.
6. Pinehurst Resort â€“ Pinehurst, North Carolina offers three inns: the Manor, the Holly Inn and the elegant Carolina. The course also features a spa located at their Sportsmanâ€™s lodge.
7. Four Seasons Resort Hualalai â€“ Located on the Big Island of Hawaii, Jack Nicklaus had a hand in the development of the golf course. The resort offers an authentic Hawaiian ambiance, with a peaceful and exotic 18 hole golf course, and lots of fun activities for kids.
8. Four Seasons Resort Lanaâ€™I at Manele Bay â€“ Found in Lanai, Hawaii, this resort bears a naturally trimmed and designed golf course with a panoramic view of the Pacific Ocean. It offers all-Hawaiian lodges and cottages for guest accommodation.
9. The Homestead â€“ This resort is located in Hot Springs, Virginia. It is the oldest tee in the US and especially alluring during autumn. Other than the usual amenities of a luxury hotel, the Homestead offers entertainment music from their orchestra playing nightly at their formal dining room.
10. The Boulders â€“ This resort found in Carefree, Arizona, was designed by Jay Moorish. It is a championship course within the boulder-strewn look of the Sonora desert landscape.