Every serious basketball player dreams of one day reaching the highest level of basketball; the NBA. In this article i give you 5 steps to follow to improve your chances at getting to the Nba.
1. Understand that becoming an Nba player is very hard. Only 1.2% of division 1 basketball players go on to play in the NBA. And that’s only div 1 players; if you include division 2 players, division 3 players and international players the chances are a lot less. This is in no way meant to discourage anyone; it’s to get you working harder because hard work is the only way to make it unless you possess great natural ability.
2. Become a Great athlete. Depending on the position you play you will need to improve your strenght,quickness,vertical jump and speed to become an Nba player.
3. Become a great shooter. It’s a fact that the best way to get to the NBA or simply the next level is to become a shooter. It’s that simple, great shooters are needed at every level. No matter your size or athletic ability (aka talent); if you can knock down open shots there’s going to be a spot for you at the next level. A shooter may not be what you want to be but understand it’s your best chance at ever making the NBA.
4. Work hard. Hard work is the only way to improve your skills and get better. Kobe Bryant trains for 8 hours a day during the off season. You will have to mimick such dedication if you plan to ever play in the Nba.
5. Stay motivated. Without motivation you will not be able to work hard. Do whatever you need to constantly stay motivated.