Spam is an email received unwanted and from an unknown user. It can sometimes contain virus which should be opened with caution. There is a less chance of stopping spam but there are few steps from which it can implement and decrease the number of spam emails received.
1. Switch on your spam filter which can be done by going to the setting, then Spam option and set the strict to a high level if it is set to low or medium level.
2. Block the emails received with picture files and in most of the case the spammers use picture files with virus. Go to Settings, then Spam option and select Block emails with pictures to stop these emails.
3. Always keep your email id as private even if you are giving it to your family or friends avoid spreading it on the social networking sites such as Facebook and Twitter.
4. Know thoroughly about the offers you are signing for as many organizations will give an option to receive newsletters so just unselect the box to stop the unnecessary emails.
5. Dont respond to the spam emails by unsubscribing from to newsletters. Just click on the link for unsubscribing only if you are familiar with the website or just avoid it.