Samajwadi Party leader Amar Singh today said Bollywood actor Sanjay Dutt would “definitely contest” from Lucknow Lok Sabha constituency but he would not be forced if he did not wish to fight the poll. Singh said that he had spoken to Sanjay who claimed that the TV channels were showing an old footage showing the actor as saying he is yet to make up his mind about contesting the poll.

When told that the footage was an updated one, Singh said “Sanjay will be with me in Lucknow on Saturday, you can ask him.” He said he would not announce the actor’s candidature without consulting him.

“I am not a fool to announce his candidature without consulting him. But if he does not want to contest, we are not going to force him”, Singh said. Earlier in the day, Dutt had said in Srinagar that he had “not decided yet whether to join politics or not”. Sanjay’s statement came a day after differences cropped up with his sister and Congress MP Priya Dutt who had disapproved of her brother’s move to contest the poll on SP ticket.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *