How about making miniature Christmas tree by using your own creative ideas. Do not forget to get help of a parent or an elder sibling while using sharp tools like a pair of scissors. You will surely enjoy this fun activity.
Things you need:
A huge cardboard
A pair of scissors
A bottle of glue
2 sheets of green velvet paper
Strings to fasten decorative pieces
Lots of creativity
An elder to supervise
How to start:
1. Make cut outs from a cardboard that will resemble the shape of a Christmas tree. These two shapes should be similar in shape and size.
2. Stick a green velvet paper with the help of glue on the upper and lower sides of your Christmas tree shaped cardboards. Cut the extra paper to get the shape of the Christmas tree.
3. Let the glue dry before you proceed. Meanwhile collect all decoration material that you will need once your tree is done.
4. Make sure that glue is completely dried. Now you have two shapes of Christmas tree covered with green paper.
5. Take a pair of scissors and give a cut to the first tree shaped cardboard from the top till the middle. Give a cut to the other tree shaped cardboard from the bottom till the middle.
6. Fasten the two pieces of tree-shaped cardboards together with the help of the slits made earlier to make a Christmas tree that will stand on the base.
7. Fasten star shaped decorative pieces with the help of strings at the corners of your Christmas tree. Now use your imagination and decorate your Christmas tree with candy rods, fruit bars, decorative swirls, and satin ribbons.
8. You can use green design paper, green cellophane paper or just colour your cardboard in green, with a crayon or a water colour instead of using green velvet paper.