Testosterone is the fundamental hormone needed to increase muscle mass and muscle stamina. A great workout program, strict dedication to your workout routine, and discipline will all help you gain the results you need in the gym and to help you reach your fitness goals – however, increasing your testosterone naturally will helps the process
1. Learn to eat 6 meals a day instead of three. Everyone who is working out or has a fitness routine has heard this, but how many people actually stick to it. It is very hard to do, and you have to train yourself to eat 6 meals every 2-3 hours instead of three massive one. By doing this, you naturally regulate your hormonal processes and regulate your metabolism by keeping them from fluctuating or decreasing.
2. Believe it or not, but the most important macro nutrient to consume in order to raise your testosterone is fat. Fat has influence on every hormonal process in the body and regulate your hormonal processes. Healthy mono saturated fats are the key to everyone’s hormonal health. Essential Fatty Acids from sources such as peanuts, avocados, fish and healthy oils like flax seed, olive and canola are a great way to naturally boost testosterone levels.
3. Increase your dietary intake of cruciferous vegetables. Broccoli, cauliflower, radishes, turnips, cabbage and brussel sprouts have all been shown to dramatically reduce estrogen levels, thereby raising testosterone. Reduce your intake of soy. Soy protein raises the bodyâ€™ s levels of estrogen and this has a direct negative effect on testosterone levels.
4. Sleep at least 8 hours a day. Your body needs the proper amount of sleep to recover from stress and exercise. A lack of sleep contributes to cortisol production, and this will lower your testosterone levels by as much as 40% . To improve your sleep keep the bedroom cooler, avoid drinking liquids 2-3 hours before bed and use the bathroom right before going to bed.
5. Lower your daily stress levels around the house and at work. Identify the areas of your life that bring you stress and work on ways to relax throughout the day. When our body encounters a stressful situation, it releases cortisol which is a highly catabolic hormone that drops your testosterone levels.
6. Use compound exercises as the cornerstone of your workouts. Do the basics like squats, deadlifts, bench presses, rows, chin-ups, dips, lunges and military presses. This will place your muscles under the greatest amount of stress in the gym and will force your body to increase testosterone production.
7. Limit your consumption of alcohol. Alcohol should only be consumed in moderation, so now you have yet another physical excuse for only having a beer or two a week. Alcohol has a dramatic effect on testosterone levels, so try to limit your drinking behavior.
8. ZMA is the most well known testosterone booster combining three natural vitamins and minerals into one capsule; Zinc, Magnesium aspartate and Vitamins B6. The combination of these three vitamins and minerals when taken as directed, will naturally promote testosterone production and increase levels enough to help improve your fitness goals.
Tribulus Terrestris is another well known supplement on the market for raising testosterone levels. Terestris technically elevates the Leutenizing Hormone (LH), which stimulates testosterone production in the testes.