Turmeric is known as an Indian spice that we typically use in our recipes. However, you can use turmeric for health benefits as well. Turmeric benefits quite a bit health wise. Turmeric comes from a tropical plant in India. You’ll find turmeric capsules, now available in stores because of it’s health benefits. Turmeric is anti-inflammatory that heals the body. The key ingredient in turmeric is curcumin. Turmeric is used as a herbal medicine in the India culture.
1. Use turmeric to fight bacteria infections and avoid cancer. Turmeric is anti-bacteria that can be used to heal wounds, cuts, or even to help protect the immune system. Turmeric can kill cancer cells, and help prevent cancer. That antioxidants help fight off free radicals in the body. Studies have said it’s prevented blood vessels from growing that are tumors.
2. Use turmeric to protect liver damage and help your digestive system. There has been studies that say it can help you prevent liver damage and disease. Also, it helps your digestive system. Those who are constantly feel bloated after eating it can eliminate gas. It also can help those who suffer from IBS(Irritable Bowel Syndrome).
3. Use turmeric to lower blood pressure and lower LDL cholesterol. It’s been know to lower cholesterol, and promote good heart health as well. It will help improve the blood flow to your heart and it lowers high blood pressure as well.
4. It can be helpful with depression and support good brain function. Some Chinese cultures have been said to use this to help treat with depression. It also has said to help with treating headaches as well. Turmeric can benefit the brains health, and help prevent Alzheimer’s disease and improve your memory as well.
5. Use turmeric to help heal skin wounds. Turmeric can be used as a natural antibiotic to help heal wounds, cysts, boils, eczema, psoriasis and acne. You’ll need to make a turmeric paste. Just apply a bit of water with the turmeric powder until it’s thick. You don’t want it watery. Then apply to the would, or skin condition, and then apply a bandage or gauze over it. Turmeric will stains clothes and your skin. It won’t be a permanent stain on your skin, but it will be on your clothes.