Back pain is a common affliction for many. Caused by muscular or ligament injury, back pain can be rectified by physical therapy. Physical therapy can be essential to release chronic pain and relieve uncomfortable symptoms. Simple adjustments can significantly improve the outcome for many who suffer with back pain. Treatment costs vary based on injury but are moderate in most cases.
1. Wear flat heeled shoes with firm arch support. Heels higher than 3/4-inch may increase lower back pain.
2. Know that the cause of many back injuries is the result of improper lifting. When you lift objects using your back muscles rather than your leg muscles, injury is likely to occur.
3. Wear back support braces before performing heavy moving or lifting. Back supports are generally inexpensive.
4. Trim off those extra pounds. Adults who are 10 or more pounds overweight are compounding back pressure. Losing weight will relieve stress on the back muscles. Moderate exercise at least 3 times a week and a good nutritional plan can eliminate excess weight.
5. Go to the “American Physical Association” Web site to find more tips regarding physical therapy for back pain.