Microsoft OutlookÂ is the primary email management tool for many computer users, and thus, contains some very important data. On some occasions, it may be necessary for a user to locate the files where Outlook keeps the messages, contacts and appointments data.
1. Open Outlook and in the mail navigation pane, click on “File.”
2. Select “Data File Management..” from the drop down menu that appears. The Account Settings window will open.
3. Click on the “Data Files” tab at the top of the Account Settings window.
4. Select the .pst files you wish to locate from the list by double clicking on them.
5. Record the location of the files in question from the Personal Folders window. Go to the folder recorded, locate the files and that’s it–you have successfully recovered .pst files from Outlook.