You can create a Valentine tree inside or outside with a variety of materials.
1. Decide if you will be decorating a live tree outside or an ornament holder inside. If you decorate outside, use materials that are weather-resistant – plastic is your best bet for outside.
2. Determine if you would like to decorate your tree with hearts, Cupids, or other Valentine items. Hearts are the easiest to find.
3. Look at the size of your tree or ornament holder. If it is large, you will be able to use any size ornament. If it is a small tabletop display, you’ll be limited to smaller ornaments.
4. Shop for heart ornaments all year. You may find some in Christmas shops displayed as Christmas ornaments.
5. Be creative and nontraditional. There are lots of heart-shaped items that can be hung on a tree. Inexpensive pendants, little pillows, foil-wrapped candies, children’s costume jewelry, and homemade decorations can all find a place on your display. Sew or glue a loop of ribbon on the item and hang it.
6. Add strings of heart-shaped lights to really give your display some flash.
7. Tie pink, white, and red bows on the tips of your branches or on the arms of your display tree. Tie lace in bows or drape as garland.
8. Add some bunches of dried or artificial roses. Attach them to your branches with wire or set them between branches.
9. Display some attractive heart-shaped boxes of Valentine candy underneath your tree, or drape some lace or other fabric around the bottom if your tree is indoors.