New Year’s Eve in a small town can offer as much fun and excitement as New Year’s Eve in a large city. Not everyone can travel to Times Square for the annual dropping of the ball, but everyone can celebrate a memorable New Year’s Eve. You can enjoy New Year’s Eve participating in events sponsored by your home town or from the comfort and safety of your own home. Surround yourself with family and friends, and you will have a festive arrival for the new year.
1. Attend First Night activities in your home town or a surrounding community. Many towns offer First Night events where you can enjoy arts and culture along with good food. Towns with First Night activities provide a safe and family oriented way for citizens to enjoy New Year’s Eve. The end of the night is often topped up with a firework’s display to welcome in the new year. Check your local newspaper for details on First Night activities in your area.
2. Attend Midnight Mass at your church or a church in your town. Many churches offer services in the evening or at midnight for New Year’s Eve. These services are usually very festive to end out the holiday season. This is a good choice if you want a family oriented way to send off the old year and welcome in a new year of hope and anticipation.
3. Watch signs and announcements at your local fire halls for New Year’s Eve fundraisers. Many fire companies in small towns use New Year’s Eve as an opportunity to provide a fun evening for area residents while raising money for the fire company. Some of these events include fun activities for the kids throughout the evening as well as the traditional New Year’s meal of pork and sauerkraut.
4. Make reservations at an area restaurant for a New Year’s Eve bash. Restaurants often offer reservations for a special meal and activities to celebrate the coming of the new year. You will need to make reservations days and in some cases weeks in advance. Family oriented restaurants will offer good food and other activities. Bar and grill restaurant settings are more geared towards those who want to have a few drinks, shoot some pool and have more of a party atmosphere.
5. Host a New Year’s Eve gathering at home. Get together with a few close friends and family members to celebrate the end of one year and beginning of another. It will be up to you to determine whether or not there will be any drinking at your party. You can host an event where family and friends can bring their children, or have an adults-only party. Play card games, enjoy music on your personal sound system and eat some good food while spending time with those nearest and dearest to you.