You have just been shown the business plan for a Network Marketing Company that looks perfect. But, you have also heard of many others that also appear ideal. Now the problem. Should you start?
1. Do a Google search on your firm and find out if it is a scam. Just type “ABC Company Scam” into your search. You will probably find many articles. Many leaders in our industry do investigations of many network marketing companies. Just be aware that you may also find articles from dissatisfied EX-distributors who could not make it.
2. How long has this company been in business? 1 year, 5 years, 20 years? The longer, the better. Now several start-up companies have very good plans – and several do succeed. However, be aware that even more fail.
3. Does your prospective company have a training program? Are there different ways to learn? Can you learn via one-on-one training sessions, webinars, conferences, national conventions, audios and/or videos? If you do not find several of these methodologies, stay away from this company.
4. Is there training on the product, the business plan, how to market and on self improvement? You will need training in all of these. The best network marketing companies have training in all of these areas. If your company does not, beware.
5. Will you have a mentor? Now, it may not be the one who got you started in the business – but it should be someone that you have access to. The person who found you may be just as green as you. That will NOT be a problem as long as you have access to a mentor. Is it possible to meet several of them before you get started? This will give you a clue as to whether you should start this business. You CANNOT do this on your own.
6. Have you met several other members of this firm? Do you like them? Are they friendly or phony? Are they businesslike or party animals? The bottom line is to learn if you can get along with them and if you can you work with them? Just remember, if you are successful in this company (and you DO want to be successful), you will be spending a lot of time with these people.
7. How does this firm market? If your prospective company expects you to create a list of family and friends and no more – run! You will run out of family and friends. Now, everyone will probably start with family and friends, but you will eventually need more prospects. Does your firm show you how to market your product? Does your firm show you how to market your business? If they do not, it is NOT a show stopper. There are ways to learn how.